- Remember that most demonstrations are peaceful.
- Should a disturbance occur, call the UC Merced Police Department at 209-228-2677 (CAT-COPS) or 911.
- If protestors enter your building, let them.
- Try to carry on business as usual.
- If the noise becomes too great, or the crowd is too large, feel free to close and lock office doors and windows – this is a departmental decision.
- If it becomes necessary to evacuate, follow police directions.
- Proceed to your building’s emergency evacuation area (EAA) and wait for additional instructions.