If an emergency happens on campus, UC Merced uses the following methods to distribute urgent emergency information to the campus community:
- Postings on this campus site.
- UC Merced's Twitter account @ucmerced.
- Crime alert and information bulletins on the Department of Public Safety website.
- Messages on the campus emergency telephone status line: 1-866-993-0969.
- Emails to students, staff and faculty from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Messages sent to student, staff and faculty personal cell phones and/or email addresses using UCM Alert, UC Merced's emergency notification system.
- Verbal announcements via the campus public address system.
- Distribution of news and announcements to area news media.
- Broadcast voicemail to all campus desk phones.