In an emergency situation
- Key emergency personnel are asked to report to campus.
- Contingency plans are in place for resident students whose homes are at a distance, and these will be communicated to students as appropriate.
- Decisions made during a crisis will vary depending on the nature of the event.
- Key emergency personnel will tell you what to do for your safety and well-being.
What You Can Do
Following these simple steps can help you stay safe during an emergency
- Keep your Photo ID with you at all times.
- Develop and review emergency plans in your office/residence.
- Provide emergency contact information to those who would need it.
- Know what you would do in a crisis and be prepared to help others.
- Keep the gas tank full if you have a car.
- Store a personal emergency kit in your office, residence or car.
- Report suspicious activities to the UC Merced Police Department at 209-228-2677 (CAT-COPS) or 911.
- Avoid passing on rumors, report all information to UCM Police.
- When asked to evacuate your office or residence, take your wallet, car keys, Cat Card, and medications
- Comply quickly and calmly with instructions from emergency responders including police, fire safety coordinators.
- Establish a phone tree in your department to relay important emergency information.
- Find you can find news and information in UC Merced's Tiwter acocunt @ucmerced.